Friday, July 16, 2004

Where did I go last night?

My morning challenge for today: Remember all ten pubs from last night, with a comment for each. Here we go:

1. The Corner Pin: Starting point.
2. The First Hussar: Lots of people in, long wait at the bar. A chap who worked there asked the barlady if she needed him to come and help. She said that nobody had warned her that it was going to be busy, so we'd just have to wait. Nice customer service attitude there.
3. The Cock and Bottle: We finished their bottle of Taboo. Didn't have (or want) any myself.
4. O'Neills: An opposing team's quiz sheet flew over a wall. I could have stolen many answers but was quite well behaved and gave it back.
5. The Grapes: Used to do Karaoke in here. Today I suspected people had had trouble deciphering the pub clue, as it was pretty empty.
6. The Last Drop Inn: There are steps in there.
7. The Old White Swan: Again?? How much of my life do I have to spend in this place?
8. Ye Olde Starre Inne: We nearly didn't work out this one - I resorted to stalking another team... didn't work, they led me a merry dance. Last minute inspiration from me saved the day.
9. Lendal Cellars: Vodka shots... two each should be enough. And it helps make up the time we've lost.
10. The Varsity: Arrived just in time, with my new friend, The Long Balloon With A Face. I temporarily forget his name.

No comments: