Monday, July 05, 2004

The songs that should have been...

The great Morrissey never quite wrote the following:

Some beds are wetter than others,
Some beds are wetter than others,
Some beds' covers are wetter than other beds' covers.

If song writing is a process of channeling nascent songs from the ether through your head, onto a sheet of parchment, then I feel sure that this is what he was aiming at for the final track on The Queen is Dead. Not some nonsense about girls and their mothers. I think, like Coleridge, he must have been distracted part way through the creative process. Maybe Charlie from Busted could incorporate the above into their next album. I won't charge (Moz might though)! Does Charlie actually write their songs? Frankly (Mr Shankly), who cares!

My covers are very wet at the moment due to being in the washing machine. I'm going to put some dry ones on in a short while though.

No comments: